What does it really take to do this job?
Being a photographer has taken me to places I could not believe, and allowed me to meet people I could not imagine.
While wielding a camera I have...
- hung out of a doorless helicopter. Three times.
- been complimented by Senator Ted Cruz's wife, Heidi about my Cole Haan shoes.
- jumped onstage after a Donald Trump speaking event, and didn't get taken out by secret service.
- been pooped on by the real live Kennesaw State Owl.
- been given a bro hug by Joel Smallbone.
- accidentally sipped the coffee of a rookie Nascar Driver.
- held the hand of a widowed Army wife.
- met the current white house staff photographer Shealah Craighead, on accident.
- stood on top of wobbling 50 foot scissor lifts.
- gotten flipped off the back of a jet ski with a go pro in hand.
- hiked over 1/3 of the Appalachian Trail.
- and seen hundreds of people unite over devastating natural catastrophe.
Not every photographer is the same. I am unique, and come with some great strengths:
- I work best knowing as much specific information beforehand as possible. If I know what kind of print or digital piece my images are being used in, or what story and message is being conveyed, I can create imagery that you'll love and will work much better for your team.
- I love people and making them feel comfortable with a lens. I also love being discreet and undetectable.
- Photojournalism is one of my major strengths.
- I take an interest in my co-workers and love being a morale-booster. If I see you 8 hours a day, we should also being enjoying the work and company we keep.
- Hiring a photographer is hiring someone with a specific viewpoint. We all capture scenes, messages, and visual stories so differently and having a consistent photographer on your team that gets your vision....is essential.
One day I hope to photograph and experience so much more. I can't wait to...
- Photograph a documentary that gets shown in a gallery.
- Bring someone else's dream to life by photographing something special to them.
- Photograph an olympic games.
- Photograph and event for Getty or AP.
- Photograph the construction and completion of a fresh water well that gives a community the chance for education, safety, and long life.
- See cancer cured in my lifetime.